Tuesday, March 31, 2009

How dangerous is rio de Janiero?

Would it be safe for two 30 year old females to go to Rio de Janiero on their own for a weekend. We would only be there for one night and would be very aware of our surrounding and also not venture to far from the hotel. What are your thoughts. Is it really that bad?



I lived and was schooled in Rio, Brasil for 4 years. And I never had any problems :)





Id advise that you don't act like a stereotypical tourist if that makes seance, but at the same time enjoy yourself.





I don't think that there is an special precautions that you would need to take from any other city visit. Just keep your mob/cell on you and don't get lost :P





Edit: When you review this question, could you please add into yours why and how you are only there for one night?




I went to Rio in 2007 for a study abroad program. We stayed in Rio for three days.





I had a really great time and I felt like I was in no danger. The one thing that Brazilians advised me is NOT to go into the favelas. The favelas are areas filled with poverty. It's better to avoid them. Other than that, just take the same precautions one would do when traveling to a foreign country.





Have fun and be safe!




hey


You just have to be carefull


you should keep cellphone with you at all times


have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to Travel with Pretty Girl?

Answers for Travel

Travel blog

Travel with Me