Sunday, March 22, 2009

What is a checked bag?

Lame question I know, but I last flew last year. We are going on vacation in a week and on my flight's website (Us Airways) it says carry on is free (I know what carry on is) but then it said $15 for the first check on bag. Is that the regular bag you always get checked? Why are they charging??? It makes me mad because you can't take liquids over 3 oz on your carry on, and being female (and using hair products, make up, and lotion) that means I have to do a checked bag since I can't have those items on my carry on.





So, what is a carry on? Do I have it mixed up with like valet baggage?



Checked bags are the ones that they put in the hold, rather than carry on. I have no idea why they are charging- not all airlines charge. It seems to be a new way to increase the ticket price and discourage large numbers of suitcases. Yes your hair products would have to be checked- although you could buy that stuff once you reach your destination if you don't want to take a checked bag I guess. Shoes dryers and straighteners are not a problem for carry on luggage, just be careful of the size limit and weight limit put on carry on baggage by US airways- if your carry on is too big/ heavy they may make you check it.




A checked bag is when they tag the bag. It is "CHECKING IN A BAG" these are the bags or luggage that go into the lugage hold in the bottom of the plane. A carry on is a bag "SHOULDER BAG" or something similar to the shoulder bag which you carry onto the plane and put in the over head.




Checked bags are the ones that you don't carry on. Almost all airlines charge for that now.





You can buy 3 oz bottles and decant your liquids into them, although I don't know why you'd need hair products on the plane.




luggage that gores in the hold


carry on what you can take with you inside

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to Travel with Pretty Girl?

Answers for Travel

Travel blog

Travel with Me